About Me

Blackburn, United Kingdom
FACEBOOK : Khadijah's Bakes INSTAGRAM : Khadijahsbakes

Thursday 13 June 2013

Review | SugarFlair Food Colouring

Just a few weeks ago I went into my local cookery store in search of some new food colourings to use for a Rainbow Cake order that I had received, and I came across the SugarFlair brand. I had heard alot of good reviews for these all over Facebook and was keen to give them a try. 
 I was really drawn to them as I read many reviews saying they're of very high quality and are very pigmented. With all the previous food colouring I used, such as 'Dr. Oetker' colouring I found pigmentation was a serious issue as I was using them to colour large amounts of cake batter, I found myself using seriously large amounts of the colouring to achieve the colour I wanted. This caused problems as it led to my batter becoming bitter and affecting it's taste, so when I came across these SugarFlair ones in my local cookery shop I got slightly excited and ended up purchasing 5 different colours, Grape Violet, Baby Blue, Navy, Christmas Red and Holly Green (yes, I think they may have come from the Christmas range).

Although I felt they were slightly pricy at £2.80each I can assure you they are defiantly worth every penny. I was very eager to use them as soon as I arrived home and I can safely say I was not disappointed. As gel colourings they were extremely pigmented and I only had to use a very small amount to achieve the deepness in color I wanted. 
They come in a wide variety/range of colours and shades. I can safely say I will be purchasing many more of these SugarFlair food colourings very soon!



Rainbow Cake - Dr.Oetker Food Colourings!
Rainbow Cake - SugarFlair Food Colourings!

No comments:

Post a Comment